Friday, June 17, 2011

Funk Wedding














I don't photograph weddings... well I do, as a guest, but not as the main paid photographer.  Its just a preference, I prefer portrait photography over wedding any day.  There's just too much stress of EVERYTHING to do with a wedding.... getting the perfect shots, even the best equipment can fail, if it happens to be a rainy wedding, people in my shots, or the crazy guest standing too near to me and over exposing every single shot of mine with their own flash (trust me, one of my own wedding guests did this to my wedding photographer, and half my proofs had a big white light coming from the side of the picture)... Not to mention, there's no retakes.... Wedding Photographers are booked months in advance, I cant be sick, my kids cant take a tumble down the steps the morning of.... I cant just call up the bride to be and say " Can we reschedule your event till next weekend, I'm at the ER today"   

So as much as I'd love to someday venture into weddings, broaden my spectrum, don't count on it happening anytime soon.  I just don't need the added stress.... I would rather be in the moment of friends and family, enjoying the day celebrating with them, rather than be the one behind the lens getting frustrated.  For now, I'm just happy capturing a few shots here and there and keeping out of the way of the real wedding photographer, so I'm not the annoying guest with my camera and ruining the pictures that are actually being paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment